District-wide Environmental Scan 2019
This Environmental Scan provides background information and qualitative and quantitative data in support of the development of the South Orange County Community College District’s (SOCCCD) Strategic Plan and the colleges’ education master plans. The overarching purpose of these plans is to provide clear strategies to further the district-wide educational goals with respect to academic programs, support services, and facilities.
Educational Master Plan
The Irvine Valley College Education Master Plan (EMP) and Saddleback College Education Master Plan (EMP) support each college’s mission, vision, and values and serves as a long-range roadmap for the future. The EMPs do this by identifying the educational needs of students at the respective colleges and the greater communities they each serve and aligning efforts to target these needs.
Facilities Master Plan
The South Orange County Community College District 2020 Facilities Master Plan (FMP) has been developed to serve as a guide for future development. It is informed by the District’s EMSP and the Colleges' Educational Master Plans, that serve as the foundation for facilities recommendations.
The development of the FMP took place during the 2019-2020 academic year and was finalized during the COVID-19 pandemic. Based on today’s rapidly changing landscape, this FMP is designed to be flexible so that it can respond to unforeseen circumstances as they arise. It also includes the Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College FMPs.
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Documents
Technology Master Plan
The SOCCCD District-wide Technology Strategic Master Plan 2022-2032 provides a roadmap by which SOCCCD technology organizations, which include those at district services and the two colleges, can effectively and efficiently work together to develop, implement, support, and maintain technology systems that support academic excellence and student success. The technology plan outlined in this document is designed to align with and extend SOCCCD’s vision, mission, and strategic plans and form the basis for a technology planning process from 2022-2032.
Perkins V - Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment (CLNA)
The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V) was signed into federal law on July 31, 2018. Perkins V represents an important opportunity to expand opportunities for every student to explore, choose, and follow CTE programs of study and career pathways to earn credentials of value. The CLNA represents a district-wide overview of processes related to selecting programs of study to enhance with funding, a review of accountability data, and identification of gaps to address with Perkins V funding. The CLNA is composed of the Executive Summary, LMI Appendix A, Accountability in Appendix B, and Narrative Appendix C.
- Executive Summary
- Labor Market Information (LMI) - Appendix A
- Accountability - Appendix B
- Narrative - Appendix C
- SOCCCD External Scan 2013
- Irvine Valley College Strategic Plan 2014-2020
- Saddleback College Strategic Plan 2014-2020
- SOCCCD Technology Plan 2015-2020
- SOCCCD 2011-2031 Education & Facilities Master Plan Volume 1, SOCCCD
- SOCCCD 2011-2031 Education & Facilities Master Plan Volume 2, Saddleback College 2011 Education Master Plan
- SOCCCD 2011-2031 Education & Facilities Master Plan Volume 3, Irvine Valley College 2011 Education Master Plan
- SOCCCD 2011-2031 Education & Facilities Master Plan Volume 4, Saddleback College 2011 Facilities Master Plan
- SOCCCD 2011-2031 Education & Facilities Master Plan Volume 5, Irvine Valley College 2011 Facilities Master Plan